Syracuse vs. Virginia Tech: A Clash of Opposing Fortunes
In an ACC matchup that will take place on Thursday night, the Syracuse Orange will visit the Virginia Tech Hokies. With both teams coming off a week of rest, they will be eager to secure a victory and get their seasons back on track. However, their recent performances suggest that they are heading in opposite directions. The Hokies, with a record of 3-4, have managed to win two of their last three games, and their only loss in conference play came against No. 4 Florida State. On the other hand, the Orange have faced a slump, losing three consecutive games since the start of ACC play, with defeats against Clemson, North Carolina, and FSU.
Despite their recent struggles, Syracuse has a favorable history against Virginia Tech, winning four of the past five matchups between the two teams dating back to 2001. However, it’s worth noting that history does not always dictate current performance, and the Hokies will be determined to reverse the trend.
Betting Odds and Trends
According to the SportsLine consensus, the Hokies are favored by 3 points in this game, with the over/under set at 47.5 points. These odds indicate that the game is expected to be relatively close, with a moderate level of scoring.
Examining betting trends, Syracuse has a mixed track record as a road underdog, going 10-10 against the spread (ATS) under head coach Dino Babers since 2016. On the other hand, Virginia Tech has been successful as a favorite, particularly at home, going 11-4 ATS since the 2019 season.
Virginia Tech’s Strengths
Virginia Tech has several key factors working in their favor. Their home record (3-1 at Lane Stadium) suggests that they have performed well in front of their home crowd this season, and they will aim to maintain their success against the Orange. Their defense has also been impressive, allowing 41 fewer yards overall per game compared to Syracuse. Their sophomore quarterback, Kyron Drones, has shown improvement since taking over the starting role and has made solid contributions with six touchdown passes and only one interception. Additionally, their versatile running back Bhayshul Tuten poses a threat to the Orange’s defense, as he has accumulated 566 total yards and five touchdowns.
Syracuse‘s Potential to Bounce Back
Although Syracuse has experienced a dip in form recently, they possess the ability to turn their fortunes around. In their most recent meeting with Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, they emerged as victors, led by current quarterback Garrett Shrader. His strong performance in that game, with 236 passing yards and 174 rushing yards, contributed to the Orange’s 41-36 triumph in 2021. Shrader, along with running back LeQuint Allen, who has accumulated 511 rushing yards and seven touchdowns this season, has the potential to exploit Virginia Tech’s weak run defense, which allows an average of 172.1 rushing yards per game. Syracuse‘s passing game also poses a threat, with receivers Umari Hatcher and Damien Alford both capable of making big plays downfield. Additionally, Syracuse‘s offense has been relatively successful on third downs, converting 46% of their attempts, which could be a key factor in determining the outcome of this game.
The SportsLine Projection Model, a proven computer model for college football predictions, has forecasted a relatively low-scoring game, projecting the teams to combine for 42 points. In terms of the spread, the model has identified one side as offering better value. However, for the specific pick, readers are encouraged to visit SportsLine for further details.
Heading into this ACC matchup, the Syracuse Orange and Virginia Tech Hokies find themselves at different points in their seasons. While the Hokies have shown signs of improvement, the Orange have faltered in recent weeks. However, history suggests that Syracuse has had the upper hand in previous encounters with Virginia Tech. As for betting advice, readers are advised to consult SportsLine’s model for its pick and projections for this game. Regardless of the outcome, both teams will be aiming to bounce back and reestablish themselves as contenders in the ACC.
<< photo by JESHOOTS.com >>
The image is for illustrative purposes only and does not depict the actual situation.
You might want to read !
- Exploring the High Stakes: Analyzing the Oklahoma vs. UCF Odds and Predictions
- The Clash of Titans: Betting Odds for the James Madison vs. Marshal College Football Game
- Examining the Betting Odds and Expert Picks for Jaguars-Saints Thursday Night Clash
- Exploring the Betting Odds and Predictions for Syracuse vs. Virginia Tech in 2023 College Football
Title: Analyzing the Syracuse vs. Virginia Tech Matchup: Betting Odds and Predictions for 2023 College Football
- The Rising Costs of College Football: An Inside Look at Michigan Staffer Connor Stalions’ Ticket Purchases
- The Challenge of Facing Brock Purdy: Insights from Jordan Hicks – ESPN
- “The Rise of Dalton Kincaid: Buffalo Bills TE Makes His Mark with First-Career TD”
- Syracuse Football’s Struggles Continue: A National Embarrassment
- College Football Showdown: Virginia Tech vs. Purdue – A Clash of Titans or Mismatched Melee?
- “Game Delayed: Purdue vs. Virginia Tech Face Off in Unprecedented Circumstances”
- Analyzing PSG vs. AC Milan: Betting Odds, Expert Picks, Streaming Details for Oct. 25 Clash
- “Analyzing the Betting Odds and Picks for the Manchester United vs Sheffield United Match on October 21st”
- Analyzing the Matchup: Bold Predictions for Bills vs. Buccaneers on Thursday Night Football
- “Betting on Victory: Analyzing the Patriots vs. Bills Matchup and Predictions”
- “Analyzing the Action: Cowboys vs. Chargers MNF Matchup Revealed”